Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Heirloom Tomato Salad with Two Vinegars

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Thu 14 Jan 2016, 11:50 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 4
Available in a wealth of sizes and colors— yellow, orange, zebra striped—heirloom tomatoes are one of the glories of summer. Splash them with a double dose of bright vinegars, and they’ll really shine. Other fresh herbs can replace the oregano: try 1 tsp. chopped thyme or rosemary, 1 Tbs. chopped flat-leaf parsley or 2 to 3 Tbs. chopped basil.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 6 to 8 very ripe heirloom tomatoes, in a variety of sizes, shapes and colors

• 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. sugar
  • Salt, to taste
  • 2 green onions, both white and light green portions, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
  • 2 tsp. minced fresh oregano, or to taste
  • Balsamic vinegar, to taste
  • Sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar, to taste
  • 3 to 5 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
  • Country-style bread for serving

Directions:

Slice the tomatoes, capturing their juices. Layer the tomatoes on a platter, sprinkling them with the sugar, salt, green onions, garlic, oregano and the captured juices as you arrange them.

Drizzle lightly with balsamic vinegar and sherry vinegar and then drizzle generously with the olive oil. Let stand at room temperature until ready to serve, up to 2 hours. Serve with bread for sopping up the juices. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Salad of the Day, by Georgeanne Brennan (Weldon Owen, 2012).

Current date/time is Sat 03 Dec 2016, 5:46 pm