Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ad Space M-1

Board Rules

October 2016

Calendar Calendar

Ad Space M-2

Revv Worldwide

IQD/Oil/Commodities Charts

Ad Space M-3

Top posting users this month

Ad Space M-4

Sour Cream and Chive Spoon Bread

Post by Lobo on Sat 16 Jan 2016, 10:51 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6
A question has vexed Southerners for generations: "Is spoon bread a bread or a side dish?" Let's just say it is a winning combination of both. Spoon bread resembles a grits casserole, but it has a lighter, softer, more custardy texture and is made with cornmeal. It is delicious served alongside country ham or fried chicken.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
  • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 2/3 cup sour cream
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives

Preheat an oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 1 1/2-qt. soufflé dish.

In a saucepan over high heat, combine the milk, water, butter, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and slowly whisk in the cornmeal. When the mixture returns to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and continue whisking until the mixture thickens and pulls away from the sides of the pan, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the sour cream.

In a bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the eggs on high speed until thick and pale lemon yellow, about 5 minutes. Gradually stir about one-fourth of the hot cornmeal mixture into the beaten eggs, then fold the eggs into the remaining cornmeal mixture, stirring constantly. Fold in the cheese and chives. Pour into the prepared soufflé dish.

Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma New American Cooking Series, The South, by Roy Overton (Time-Life Books, 2000).

Current date/time is Sat 22 Oct 2016, 3:55 am