Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Sweet Potato Puree

Lobo

Sweet Potato Puree

Post by Lobo on Sun 17 Jan 2016, 7:13 pm

Sweet Potato Puree

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8
Look for sweet potatoes that have dark brownish orange skin and a bright orange interior, sometimes labeled "yams" at the supermarket. Their flesh is naturally moist and sweet when cooked and pureed.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 4 lb. orange-fleshed sweet potatoes,
     peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 2 tsp. coarse salt, plus more, to taste
  • 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 5 Tbs. unsalted butter
  • Freshly ground white pepper, to taste

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with soft, medium-bodied white wines like the Diemersdal MM Louw Sauvignon Blanc, Durbanville from our Wine Club.

Directions:

In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sweet potatoes, the 2 tsp. salt and water to cover the potatoes by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large bowl. Using a potato masher, mash the sweet potatoes well.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the half-and-half and maple syrup until hot. Remove from the heat. Add 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) of the butter to the sweet potatoes, then slowly pour in the hot half-and-half mixture while stirring with a wooden spoon. Continue to stir until the potatoes are light and creamy. Season with salt and white pepper.

Transfer the sweet potatoes to a warmed serving bowl and top with the remaining 1 Tbs. butter. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Entertaining, by George Dolese (Oxmoor House, 2004).

Current date/time is Fri 09 Dec 2016, 9:25 am