Green Bean Salad with Sweet and Sour Mustard Vinaigrette
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
In this delicious riff on the classic green bean salad, we add earthy chickpeas, crunchy radishes and crumbled bacon, all tossed with a sweet and sour mustard vinaigrette. It’s the perfect side dish for a picnic or barbecue. For a vegetarian version, omit the bacon.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 Tbs. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tbs. whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed, halved crosswise and blanched
- 1 can (14 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 bacon slices, cooked until crisp and crumbled (optional)
Wine PairingThis pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied white wines like the Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County/Sonoma County from our Wine Club.
Directions:In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, brown sugar, whole grain mustard, Dijon mustard and chives. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the green beans, chickpeas, radishes and bacon. Add the vinaigrette and toss well to combine. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Serves 6.