Warm Corn, Tomato and Arugula Salad
Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
When corn and tomatoes reach their seasonal peak, combine them in this simple side dish, which cooks in just 5 minutes. It’s a great accompaniment to our filets mignons and fingerling potatoes with pesto.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 1 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped shallot
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz. arugula
- 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fresh lemon juice for drizzling
- Filets Mignons with Herb-Shallot Butter >
- Fingerling Potatoes with Pesto >
Wine PairingThis pairs well with rich, medium full-bodied rosé wines from our Wine Club.
Directions:In a 10-inch fry pan over medium heat, warm the 1 Tbs. olive oil. Add the shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the corn and tomatoes and cook, tossing occasionally, until softened and warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the arugula and cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the lemon juice and olive oil and toss gently. Serve immediately. Serves 4.