Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ginger Mashed Potatoes

Lobo

Ginger Mashed Potatoes

Post by Lobo on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 8:59 pm

Ginger Mashed Potatoes

Read Reviews

Write a Review
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 10
Enlivened with fresh ginger, these mashed potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to our Slow-Roasted Five-Spice Pork.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and halved
  • 1 Tbs. salt, plus more, to taste
  • 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
  • 2 1⁄2 Tbs. unsalted butter
  • 1 Tbs. finely grated fresh ginger
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Related Recipes

• Slow-Roasted Five-Spice Pork >

Directions:

Put the potatoes and the 1 Tbs. salt in a large pot, add water to cover the potatoes by 3 inches and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently cook the potatoes until they are tender when pierced with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well in a colander.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, gently warm the half-and-half and 1 1¿2 Tbs. of the butter. Set aside.

In a small sauté pan over medium-low heat, melt the remaining 1 Tbs. butter. Add the ginger and cook until soft but not browned, about 2 minutes. Add the ginger to the half-and-half mixture.

Set a potato ricer over the pot and pass the potatoes through in batches. Alternatively, return the potatoes to the pot and mash them with a potato masher. Gradually add the half-and-half mixture, stirring until the potatoes are smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a warmed serving bowl. Serve immediately.
Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 10:27 pm