Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ad Space M-1

Board Rules

October 2016

Calendar Calendar

Ad Space M-2

Revv Worldwide

IQD/Oil/Commodities Charts

Ad Space M-3

Top posting users this month

Ad Space M-4

Slow-Roasted Five-Spice Pork

Post by Lobo on Mon 18 Jan 2016, 9:02 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 270 minutes
Servings: 8
With long, slow cooking, this pork shoulder emerges tender and succulent, infused with fragrant Chinese five spice. Accompany with Ginger Mashed Potatoes.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 4 lb. boneless pork shoulder
  • Kosher salt, to taste
  • 3 Tbs. cracked SoGo Chinese five spice*
  • 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 yellow onion, cut into 1⁄2-inch slices

Related Recipes

• Ginger Mashed Potatoes >

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with smooth, full-bodied red wines like the Bodegas Gancedo Ucedo Mencia, Bierzo from our Wine Club.

Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 300°F.

Season the pork on all sides with salt and coat with the five spice.

In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil until almost smoking. Add the pork and brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Add the onion, cover the pan and transfer to the oven. Roast until the meat is very tender and shreds easily when pulled with a fork, about 4 1⁄2 hours.

Transfer the pork to a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 20 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the onion to a small bowl.

Cut the pork into 1⁄2-inch slices or shred with 2 forks. Arrange the meat on a warmed platter and pass the onion alongside. Serves 8.

Williams-Sonoma Kitchen

* Available at Williams-Sonoma stores.

Current date/time is Sat 22 Oct 2016, 11:05 am