Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Greek Potato Salad

Lobo
    Lobo

Greek Potato Salad Empty Greek Potato Salad

Post by Lobo Mon 18 Jan 2016, 9:20 pm

Greek Potato Salad Img73l
    Greek Potato Salad
    Greek Potato Salad Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 25 minutes
    Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Servings: 6
    The variety of potato salads found across Greece proves the popularity of this dish. In many versions, potatoes are tossed with a red wine vinaigrette, as they are here. The potatoes soak up the dressing and the salad is served warm. The addition of capers, coriander, parsley and lemon zest gives the salad a pleasantly citrusy, salty flavor.

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 lb. small red potatoes
    • 1 Tbs. capers, preferably salt-packed
    • 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
    • 1 tsp. ground coriander
    • 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
    • Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
    • 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    • 1 tsp. grated lemon zest

Directions:

Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with cold water to cover by 2 inches and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes and, when they are cool enough to handle, cut them in half. Transfer to a serving bowl.

Meanwhile, if using salt-packed capers, place in a small bowl with cold water to cover and soak for 20 minutes. Drain, rinse well and drain again, then pat dry on paper towels. If using vinegar-packed capers, rinse under cold running water, drain and pat dry. Coarsely chop the capers.

In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, coriander and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the warm potatoes. Scatter the capers, parsley and lemon zest over the top. Using a fork, toss until the warm potatoes are evenly coated with the dressing. Set the salad aside for 20 minutes to let the potatoes soak up the dressing, then serve. Serves 4 to 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Mediterranean Cooking, by Charity Ferreira, Dana Jacobi & Carolyn Miller (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:46 am