Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cognac Chestnuts

Lobo
    Lobo

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cognac Chestnuts Empty Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cognac Chestnuts

Post by Lobo Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:48 am

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cognac Chestnuts Img65l
    Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cognac Chestnuts
    Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cognac Chestnuts Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 60 minutes
    Servings: 8
    This side dish is delicious paired with turkey or ham. You can roast the sweet potatoes in advance, then toss them with the crisp bacon and chestnuts just before serving.

Ingredients:

• 4 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into
       1⁄2 inch cubes
    • 2 Tbs. olive oil
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    • 1 lb. thick-cut bacon, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
    • 1 cup French chestnuts with cognac, halved
    • 1⁄2 cup chopped green onions, green portions
       only

Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cognac Chestnuts Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with soft, medium-bodied white wines like the Diemersdal MM Louw Sauvignon Blanc, Durbanville from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 375ºF.

In a large mixing bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast, stirring occasionally and rotating the pan after about 25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and golden around the edges, 45 to 50 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large fry pan over medium heat, fry the bacon, stirring occasionally and draining the fat from the pan as needed, until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Drain all but 2 Tbs. fat from the pan. Add the chestnuts and sauté, stirring, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.

Return the bacon to the pan along with the roasted potatoes and green onions. Stir to mix and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately.
    Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:46 am