Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Roasted Yams with Maple Syrup

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Tue 19 Jan 2016, 10:50 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 8
Although the terms yam and sweet potato are often used interchangeably, they belong to different plant species. A true yam is a tropical-vine tuber found in South and Central America, the West Indies and parts of Asia and Africa. The sweet potato, a large, edible root that is a member of the morning glory family, is native to tropical areas of the Americas. Either may be used in this dish. If desired, garnish the roasted yams with finely slivered parsley.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 4 lb. yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 350°F.

In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup and heat until the butter has melted, 2 to 3 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the yams, the butter mixture, salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.

Transfer to a baking dish and roast, stirring every 15 minutes, until the yams are tender and caramelized, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve immediately.
Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Current date/time is Fri 09 Dec 2016, 11:26 am