Creamy Mascarpone Polenta
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
What’s the secret to making polenta with a rich, creamy texture? Stir in a dollop of mascarpone cheese. It’s the perfect side dish for our Five-Spice Chicken Breasts.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 8 cups (64 fl. oz./2 l) chicken broth
- 2 cups (12 1/2 oz./390 g) Italian polenta
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) (2 oz./60 g) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup (3/4 oz./20 g) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) mascarpone cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Five-Spice Chicken Breasts with Cherry-Madeira Sauce >
Wine PairingThis pairs well with rich, medium-bodied white wines like the John Duval Plexus Blanc Barossa Valley from our Wine Club.
Directions:In a 4-quart (4-l) soup pot over high heat, bring the broth to a boil. While stirring continuously with a wooden spoon, add the polenta in a thin, steady stream until incorporated, then continue stirring to prevent lumps from forming. Reduce the heat to medium-low so the mixture bubbles occasionally. Cook, stirring and scraping the bottom and sides of the pan, until the polenta is thick and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the butter a few cubes at a time, then stir in the Parmigiano-Reggiano and mascarpone cheeses. Season the polenta with salt and pepper. Divide the polenta among warmed bowls and serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.