Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Chipotle chilies add a jolt of heat to traditional guacamole. A dried and smoked jalapeño chili, chipotles are sold in cans or jars, packed in an oniony tomato mixture called adobo sauce. Serve this flavorful guacamole alongside our Smoked Tri-Tip.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 2 Tbs. finely minced white onion
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 chipotle chilies in adobo, drained and
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, plus more as needed
- 2 large avocados, preferably Haas
- 2 Tbs. finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. small fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped white onion (optional)
- Smoked Tri-Tip >
Directions:Put the minced onion, lime juice, chipotle chilies and the 1/2 tsp. salt in a molcajete or small bowl, and smash with a pestle or fork to a coarse paste. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop the flesh into the molcajete. Add the minced cilantro and mix and mash, leaving some lumps. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt.
Sprinkle the guacamole with the cilantro leaves and/or chopped onion and serve immediately, if possible. To keep the guacamole at room temperature for up to 1 hour, cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the surface. To keep the guacamole for up to 3 hours, do not add the cilantro until just before serving, and cover and store in the refrigerator. Makes about 2 cups.