Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Multi-Cooker Creamy Cheese Grits with Ham

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 8
A popular side in the South, where they often accompany barbecued shrimp, decadent cheese grits deserve wider popularity. Try serving this dish with eggs for a warming winter breakfast, or serve them in place of mashed potatoes with dinner. Using the KitchenAid multi-cooker to continually stir the grits ensures creamy results without the need to stand over the stove.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 6 cups (48 fl. oz./1.5 l) water
  • 2 cups (16 fl. oz./500 ml) milk
  • 2 cups (12 oz./375 g) coarse white grits
  • 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more, to taste
  • 8 oz. (250 g) diced ham
  • 2 cups (8 oz./250 g) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup (3 oz./90 g) sliced green onions
  • 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) sour cream (optional)
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions:

In a multi-cooker on the boil/steam setting, bring the water and milk to a boil. Slowly whisk in the grits and stir in the 2 tsp. salt.

Change the setting to simmer, attach the stir tower and cook the grits, stirring on the low setting, until the grits are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add the ham, cheese, green onions and sour cream and continue stirring until the cheese has melted. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into individual bowls and serve immediately. Serves 8.

Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen

Current date/time is Sat 03 Dec 2016, 11:45 am