Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Noodle Kugel

Lobo
    Lobo

Noodle Kugel Empty Noodle Kugel

Post by Lobo Wed 20 Jan 2016, 9:24 pm

Noodle Kugel Img83l
    Noodle Kugel
    Noodle Kugel Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 100 minutes
    Servings: 10
    Cookbook author Ina Garten made this dish a dozen times before she got the right balance of savory and sweet, crisp and creamy. Now it’s just right and not too sweet to be part of the main course. Naturally, children love a reason to have sweet noodles for dinner.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. wide egg noodles (see note)
    • 5 extra­-large eggs
    • 4 cups half-and-half
    • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
    • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    • 1 1/2 Tbs. kosher salt
    • 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
    • 1 cup ricotta cheese
    • 1 cup golden raisins

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 350°F. Butter a 10-by-13-by-2 1/4-inch baking dish.

Drizzle some oil into a large pot of boiling salted water. Add the noodles and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half­and­half, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Stir in the ricotta and raisins. Add the drained noodles.

Pour the noodle mixture into the baking dish. Place the filled dish in a larger pan and pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the sides. Cover the entire assembly with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes, then remove the foil and bake until the custard is just set, about 45 minutes more. Serves 10.

Note: Ina Garten uses Goodman’s wide egg noodles—they’re curly—but any curly noodle will work.

Adapted from Barefoot Contessa Parties! by Ina Garten (Clarkson Potter/Publishers, 2001).