Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Spinach Risotto

Lobo
    Lobo

Spinach Risotto Empty Spinach Risotto

Post by Lobo Wed 20 Jan 2016, 11:22 pm

Spinach Risotto Img44l
    Spinach Risotto
    Spinach Risotto Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 35 minutes
    Servings: 6
    This risotto makes a wonderful accompaniment to our Roasted Pork Loin with Truffle Sauce.

Ingredients:

• 6 cups chicken broth
    • 3 Tbs. olive oil
    • 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
    • 3 garlic cloves, minced
    • 3/4 lb. spinach, stemmed and thinly sliced
    • 2 cups Arborio rice
    • 2/3 cup dry white wine
    • 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
    • 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
    • 1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Related Recipes

Directions:

In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the broth to a simmer and keep warm over low heat.

In a 3 1/2-quart Dutch oven over medium heat, warm 2 Tbs. of the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the spinach, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the spinach mixture to a bowl and set aside.

In the same pot over medium heat, warm the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil. Add the rice and stir well to coat with the oil. Cook until the rice is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and stir until absorbed, about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of the broth and stir until almost completely absorbed. Continue adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until it is almost completely absorbed before adding more.

When the rice is almost tender to the bite but slightly firm in the center, after about 20 minutes, add the spinach mixture and 1/2 cup broth to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is heated through and the rice is al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, cheese and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Serves 6.
    Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:09 am