Write a Review
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Poached eggs paired with buttered toast make a comforting breakfast any day of the week. For a fanciful brunch dish, try a delicious twist on the classic eggs Benedict: Arrange slices of smoked salmon on toasted brioche, top with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce, and garnish with a sprinkling of caviar and chives.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 8 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Eggs Benedict on Savory Waffles >
- Asparagus with Poached Eggs >
- Canadian Bacon Hash with Poached Eggs >
- Home Fries with Poached Eggs >
- Pipérade with Poached Eggs >
- Potato Pancakes with Smoked Salmon and Poached Eggs >
- Chicken Hash >
Directions:Fill an egg-poaching pan with 1/2 inch water, set over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Lightly oil the poaching cups and warm the cups in the pan. Crack an egg into each cup, cover the pan and cook to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes; repeat to make 8 poached eggs.
Transfer the eggs to individual plates, season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately. Serves 4.