Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Serve this piquant sauce alongside our fritto misto, or mixed fry, for dipping.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp. capers, soaked and drained
- 1/2 anchovy fillet
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more, to taste
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fritto Misto with Salsa Verde >
Directions:Roughly chop the parsley, basil and mint and transfer to a blender. Add the garlic, capers, anchovy, mustard, red pepper flakes and the 1/2 cup olive oil. Blend until the mixture is smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute, adding more oil, if needed.
Pour the mixture into a small bowl. Stir in the vinegar and season with salt and black pepper. Makes about 1 cup.