Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Artichokes Stewed with Lemon and Garlic

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Thu 21 Jan 2016, 11:40 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 6
This recipe calls for small artichokes, which are not immature ones but are ones grown lower down on the plant. Small artichokes may not have developed chokes.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 2 lemons 
  • 18 small artichokes 
  • 10 garlic cloves, halved 
  • 5 fresh thyme sprigs 
  • 2 bay leaves 
  • 1/2 tsp. salt 
  • 1/4 cup olive oil 
  • 1 tsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley 

Directions:

Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest from the lemons and set aside.

Fill a large bowl halfway with cold water. Cut 1 lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the water. Working with 1 artichoke at a time, break off the tough outer leaves to reach the pale green, tender inner leaves. Using a small knife, trim the dark green portions from the stem and base, then trim the stem. Cut 1 inch from the tops. Cut the artichoke in half lengthwise and slip the halves into the lemon water.

Drain the artichokes and place in a saucepan. Cut the remaining lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the saucepan. Add the reserved lemon zest, the garlic, thyme sprigs, bay leaves, salt and olive oil. Add enough water to cover the artichokes. Place a piece of parchment paper the diameter of the pan on top of the artichokes. Weight the parchment with a heatproof plate that rests directly on the artichokes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.

Remove the pan from the heat and let the artichokes cool in the pan until tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour. Sprinkle the parsley on the top and serve immediately. Serves 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Cooking from the Farmers’ Market, by Tasha DeSerio & Jodi Liano (Weldon Owen, 2010).

Related Tips

• All About Artichokes

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 4:12 am