Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ad Space M-1

Board Rules

October 2016

Calendar Calendar

Ad Space M-2

Revv Worldwide

IQD/Oil/Commodities Charts

Ad Space M-3

Top posting users this week

Top posting users this month

Ad Space M-4

Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts

Post by Lobo on Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:03 am

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 6
Brussels sprouts, which resemble miniature cabbages, grow in neat rows on long stalks. This dish is delicious served alongside roast turkey or duck.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 1/2 lb. fresh chestnuts
  • 1 1/2 lb. brussels sprouts
  • 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied white wines like the Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County/Sonoma County from our Wine Club.

Using a sharp paring knife or a chestnut knife, make a small X across the flat side of each chestnut. Place the chestnuts in a saucepan, add water to cover and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low and cook until the nut meats can be easily pierced with a knife, 45 to 55 minutes. Remove from the heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove the chestnuts a few at a time from the hot water (the nuts are easier to peel when hot). Peel away the hard shells and soft inner skins and discard.

Remove any damaged outer leaves from the brussels sprouts and discard. Bring a large saucepan three-fourths full of water to a boil over high heat. Add the brussels sprouts, reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and return to the saucepan. Add the chestnuts and butter and place over medium heat until the butter melts and the chestnuts are hot, about 1 minute. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve hot.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Complete Seasons Cookbook, by Joanne Weir (Time-Life Books, 2000).

Related Tips

• All About Chestnuts

Current date/time is Thu 27 Oct 2016, 12:05 am