Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Cauliflower with Orange Zest and Green Onion

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Fri 22 Jan 2016, 3:06 am

Read Reviews

Write a Review
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4
Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C and potassium. Soaking it in water before baking is an important step, as the moisture creates hot steam that helps the cauliflower cook to a tender and succulent finish. Advise diners to squeeze a little lemon juice onto the cauliflower at the table. The citrus will heighten the flavors of this cool-weather dish. 

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 1 head cauliflower, about 1 3/4 lb., cored and cut into uniform-size florets 
  • 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil 
  • 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, or more, to taste 
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste 
  • 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped green onion 
  • 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley 
  • 2 tsp. grated orange zest 
  • 4 lemon wedges

Directions:

Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl and add cold water to cover. Let stand for 20 to 30 minutes, then drain.

Preheat an oven to 400°F.

Spread the cauliflower in a single layer in a shallow, 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake the cauliflower, turning the florets every 10 minutes and sprinkling with 1 to 2 Tbs. cold water each time, until they are tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.

Combine the green onion, parsley and orange zest on a cutting board and finely chop together. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and sprinkle evenly with the green onion mixture. Spoon the cauliflower into a warmed serving dish and garnish with the lemon wedges. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Essentials of Healthful Cooking, by Mary Abbott Hess, Dana Jacobi & Marie Simmons (Oxmoor House, 2003).

Current date/time is Sun 11 Dec 2016, 3:54 am