Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Corn Pudding

Lobo
    Lobo

Corn Pudding Empty Corn Pudding

Post by Lobo Fri 22 Jan 2016, 9:20 pm

Corn Pudding Img28l
    Corn Pudding
    Corn Pudding Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 120 minutes
    Servings: 14
    Similar to a soufflé, this corn pudding puffs up, then sinks a little as it cools. It makes an impressive side dish for our Grilled Chicken with Ancho Barbecue Sauce. Or serve the pudding as a simple main course, paired with heirloom tomatoes and crusty bread.

This recipe can easily be halved; bake the pudding in a shallow 2-quart baking dish for 45 minutes.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
    • 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
    • 4 lb. corn kernels, about 14 cups
    • 6 shallots, peeled
    • 2 cups heavy cream
    • 1/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce
    • 1 Tbs. salt
    • 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
    • 12 eggs
    • 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme

Related Recipes

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 350°F. Grease a 17-by-10-inch roasting pan or baking dish. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of the cheese in the bottom of the dish.

In a food processor, combine 2 cups of the corn, the shallots, cream, Tabasco, salt and pepper and process until creamy.

In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Stir in the cream mixture, the remaining corn, the remaining 1 1/4 cups cheese and the thyme. Pour into the prepared baking dish.

Bake until the pudding is lightly browned on top and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 2 hours. Serve immediately. Serves 12 to 14.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma New American Cooking Series, The Heartland, by Beth Dooley (Time-Life Books, 2001).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 5:24 am