Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ad Space M-1

Board Rules

October 2016

Calendar Calendar

Ad Space M-2

Revv Worldwide

IQD/Oil/Commodities Charts

Ad Space M-3

Top posting users this week

Top posting users this month

Ad Space M-4

Fried Garbanzos

Fried Garbanzos

Post by Lobo on Fri 22 Jan 2016, 11:40 pm

Fried Garbanzos

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 8
Using smoked paprika gives the fried garbanzos a complex, smoky flavor. Look for this variety in stores specializing in Hispanic ingredients. The best varieties are from Spain, where it is known as pimentón. If it is unavailable, substitute Hungarian hot paprika.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 2 cans (each 15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • Olive oil for frying
  • Canola oil for frying
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied white wines like the Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County/Sonoma County from our Wine Club.

Dry the garbanzo beans and heat the oil
Preheat an oven to 200°F. Arrange a double layer of paper towels on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven. On another layer of paper towels, spread the drained garbanzo beans and gently roll to dry them.

Set a heavy fry pan over high heat. Add equal amounts of olive oil and canola oil to reach about 3/4 inch up the sides of the pan. Heat the oil until it reaches 350°F on a deep-frying thermometer.

Cook the garbanzo beans
Add half of the garbanzo beans to the hot oil and fry, stirring occasionally, until golden and slightly puffed, 2 to 3 minutes. Adjust the heat to maintain an oil temperature of about 350°F. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to the paper towel–lined sheet, season with salt and pepper and keep warm in the oven. Repeat the process with the remaining garbanzo beans.

In a serving bowl, gently toss the warm garbanzo beans with the paprika and serve immediately. Makes about 2 cups.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Small Plates, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007).

Current date/time is Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:18 am