Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Green Pea Puree

Lobo
    Lobo

Green Pea Puree Empty Green Pea Puree

Post by Lobo Sat 23 Jan 2016, 9:17 pm

Green Pea Puree Img5l
    Green Pea Puree
    Green Pea Puree Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 25 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 10
    At their peak of season in spring and early summer, peas are best when prepared with little adornment to allow their delicate flavor to shine through. Here, we transform fresh peas into a simple puree seasoned with mint. It's the perfect accompaniment to our Roasted Leg of Lamb.

Ingredients:

• 6 cups shelled peas (fresh or frozen)
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
    • 6 Tbs. loosely packed chopped fresh mint
    • 2 tsp. salt

Related Recipes

Directions:

In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the peas and water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peas are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the butter and stir until melted.

Transfer the peas to a food processor, add the mint and salt and process for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process until the puree is smooth, about 1 minute more.

Working in batches, pass a small amount of the puree through a medium-mesh sieve set over a heatproof bowl, pressing with a rubber spatula.

Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and heat, stirring occasionally, until the puree is hot. Serve immediately. Serves 8 to 10.

Williams-Sonoma Kitchen

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 6:06 am