Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Grilled Squash and Orzo Salad with Pine Nuts and Mint

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 10:35 pm

Be the first to Write a Review

Summer squashes, such as zucchini, pattypan and crookneck, have thin, edible skins and soft, edible seeds. They’re best cooked simply, steamed or grilled, then eaten on their own or used in soups, salads and pasta dishes. 

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 2 lb. mixed yellow and zucchini squashes
  • 1 1/2 Tbs. olive oil 
  • 1/2 tsp. salt, plus more, to taste 
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste 
  • 1/2 lb. orzo 
  • 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice 
  • 1 Tbs. Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar 
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted 
  • 1/2 cup curls or shavings of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese  
  • 3 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh mint  

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with rich, medium-bodied rosé wines from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Trim and cut the squashes lengthwise into slices 1/4 inch thick. Put in a bowl and add 1/2 Tbs. of the olive oil, the 1/2 tsp. salt and a few grindings of pepper. Stir to coat.

Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill and oil the grill rack.

Arrange the squashes on the grill rack and cook, turning once, until tender, 5 to 8 minutes total. (Close the lid if using a gas grill.) Let cool, then cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces and put in a large bowl.

Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo and cook until al dente (tender but firm to the bite), about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add the orzo to the squashes and stir in the remaining 1 Tbs. oil, the lemon juice, vinegar and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, stir in the cheese and mint. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Eat Well, by Charity Ferreira (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Related Tips

• All About Yellow Squash

Current date/time is Tue 06 Dec 2016, 10:00 am