Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Mexican Grilled Corn

Lobo

Mexican Grilled Corn

Post by Lobo on Sat 23 Jan 2016, 11:51 pm

Mexican Grilled Corn

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4
Although spreading corn with mayonnaise may sound odd to some, that's the way it is often prepared in Mexico, where grilled corn is sold by street vendors in almost every town. If you can’t find cotija, substitute feta cheese, which is similarly salty. If you substitute another Mexican cheese, such as queso fresco, you’ll need to season the cooked corn with salt.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 4 ears of corn
  • 1 Tbs. canola oil
  • 1/4 cup (2 oz./60 g) mayonnaise
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 4 oz. (125 g) cotija cheese, crumbled or grated
  • Chopped fresh cilantro for serving (optional)
  • Lime wedges for serving

Directions:

Working with 1 ear of corn at a time, carefully pull back the husks, leaving them attached at the stem end. Remove and discard the silks, then replace the husks around the ear. Soak the ears in cold water to cover for at least 20 minutes and then drain.

Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill.

Carefully pull back the husks from each ear and, using paper towels, dry off the kernels. Rub the oil evenly over the kernels and replace the husks.

Place the corn on the grill. Cook, rotating the ears a quarter turn every 3 to 4 minutes, until the husks are browned and the kernels are just tender, about 15 minutes.

In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and cayenne pepper. Lightly spread each ear of corn with the mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with the cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges for squeezing on top. Serves 4.

Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen

Current date/time is Mon 05 Dec 2016, 8:27 am