Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Peas with Pancetta, Mint and Ricotta Salata

Lobo
    Lobo

Peas with Pancetta, Mint and Ricotta Salata Empty Peas with Pancetta, Mint and Ricotta Salata

Post by Lobo Sun 24 Jan 2016, 12:59 am

Peas with Pancetta, Mint and Ricotta Salata Img89l
    Peas with Pancetta, Mint and Ricotta Salata
    Peas with Pancetta, Mint and Ricotta Salata Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 25 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 6
    Fresh English peas, full of natural sugars, are a specialty of spring. This simple salad showcases them with fried pancetta, aromatic mint and ricotta salata, juxtaposing sweet and salty flavors without overpowering the peas. Look for young, tender pods that are plump with whole peas that will need only brief cooking.

Ingredients:

• 5 lb. English peas, shelled 
    • 1 1/2 tsp. salt 
    • 2 thin slices pancetta, chopped 
    • 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil 
    • 1 tsp. raspberry vinegar 
    • 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper 
    • 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish 
    • 1/4 lb. ricotta salata cheese, crumbled  

Directions:

Bring a large pot three-fourths full of water to a boil over high heat. Add the peas and 1 tsp. of the salt and cook until the peas are barely tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, place under cold running water until cool and drain again. Set aside.

In a fry pan over medium heat, cook the pancetta, stirring, until lightly crisped, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.

In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, pepper and the remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Add the peas, pancetta and chopped mint and stir to coat. Stir in half of the cheese.

Transfer the salad to a serving bowl. Garnish with the remaining cheese and the mint sprigs. Serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Breakfast and Brunch, by Georgeanne Brennan, Elinor Klivans, Jordan Mackay and Charles Pierce (Oxmoor House, 2007).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:19 am