Chicken & Mango Salad
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
To prepare a mango, first peel it using a vegetable peeler or paring knife. Then, stand the mango on one of its narrow edges and use a sharp knife to cut down along one side of the stem end, just grazing the pit. Repeat on the other side. Cut each half into slices. Slice off any flesh left clinging to the pit.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 2/3 cup peanut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 tsp. Asian chili oil (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 cups shredded roast chicken, homemade or purchased
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- Classic Roast Chicken >
Wine PairingThis pairs well with soft, medium-bodied white wines like the Diemersdal MM Louw Sauvignon Blanc, Durbanville from our Wine Club.
Directions:Make the vinaigrette
In a food processor or blender, combine the peanut oil, vinegar, mustard and chili oil and process until blended. Add the garlic and chutney and continue to process to form a smooth puree.
Assemble the salad
In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, cashews and mango. Add the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat. Divide the lettuce among individual plates, top with the chicken mixture and serve. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Weeknight, by Melanie Barnard (Oxmoor House, 2006).