Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Roasted Root Vegetables with Indian Curry and Cilantro

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Sun 24 Jan 2016, 3:30 am

Read Reviews

Write a Review
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 31 minutes
Servings: 4
Toasting curry powder and then mixing it with oil intensifies its multilayered taste. It contrasts nicely with earthy root vegetables, which are roasted in a hot oven to coax out their natural sweetness. A sprinkle of bright-tasting cilantro lends a refreshing component to the dish.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 tsp. Madras curry powder
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • Generous pinch of sea salt
  • Generous pinch of freshly ground pepper
  • 5 carrots, about 1 lb. total, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 or 3 parsnips, about 1 lb. total, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 or 2 turnips, about 1 lb. total, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 large red onion, cut into 2-inch chunks
  • 8 large garlic cloves
  • 3 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 500°F.

In a fry pan over medium heat, toast the curry powder, shaking the pan occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and immediately transfer the curry powder to a large bowl. Stir the oil, salt and pepper into the curry powder. Add the carrots, parsnips, turnip, onion and garlic, and toss to coat well.

Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on 1 or 2 rimmed baking sheets. Roast the vegetables, turning them once after 15 minutes, until they are just tender when pierced with a sharp knife, about 30 minutes.

Transfer the roasted vegetables to a warmed serving dish, sprinkle with the cilantro and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma New Flavors for Vegetables, by Jodi Liano (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Current date/time is Sun 04 Dec 2016, 8:09 am