Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Roasted Squash Puree with Ginger

Lobo
    Lobo

Roasted Squash Puree with Ginger Empty Roasted Squash Puree with Ginger

Post by Lobo Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:34 am

Roasted Squash Puree with Ginger Img15l
    Roasted Squash Puree with Ginger
    Roasted Squash Puree with Ginger Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 6 minutes
    Cook Time: 50 minutes
    Servings: 6
    A bowl of creamy squash puree is one of the comfort foods of the autumn table. Although squash is often boiled, roasting brings out its sweetness. Acorn, Hubbard, turban squash or pumpkin can be used in place of the butternut squash.

Ingredients:

• 1 butternut squash, 2 1/2 to 3 lb.
    • 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
    • 1/2 cup milk
    • 1 1/2 tsp. peeled and grated fresh ginger
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Roasted Squash Puree with Ginger Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with soft, medium-bodied white wines like the Diemersdal MM Louw Sauvignon Blanc, Durbanville from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet.

Cut the squash in half through the stem end and place, cut sides down, on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until easily pierced with a knife, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside until cool enough to handle. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and fibers and discard. Spoon the flesh into a bowl and keep warm.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and milk and heat until the butter melts and the milk is hot, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.

Using a potato masher, mash the squash until smooth. Alternately, process the squash in a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulsing several times until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in the milk mixture and ginger and season with salt and pepper.

Transfer to a heavy saucepan and place over low heat. Reheat gently, stirring to prevent scorching. Spoon into a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately.
    Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Seasonal Celebration Series, Autumn, by Joanne Weir (Time-Life Books, 1997).

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 am