Roasted Vegetables with Romesco
Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Romesco sauce is usually served on the side as a condiment, but it makes a great seasoning paste as well. Whisk with 2 Tbs. olive oil to loosen the sauce before using on meat or poultry.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, halved
- 2 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Asian eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into thick rings
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup romesco sauce, at room temperature
- Roasted Shrimp with Romesco >
Wine PairingThis pairs well with crisp, full-bodied white wines from our Wine Club.
Directions:Roast the potatoes
Preheat an oven to 450°F.
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the olive oil and garlic until the garlic is golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the garlic.
On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 1 Tbs. of the garlic oil and roast for 10 minutes.
Add the vegetables
In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper and onion with the remaining garlic oil and add to the baking sheet with the potatoes. Roast, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the vegetables to a platter, top with the romesco sauce and serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Make Ahead, by Rick Rodgers (Oxmoor House, 2008).