Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Sautéed Green Cabbage with Country Ham

Lobo
    Lobo

Sautéed Green Cabbage with Country Ham Empty Sautéed Green Cabbage with Country Ham

Post by Lobo Sun 24 Jan 2016, 7:55 pm

Sautéed Green Cabbage with Country Ham Img7l
    Sautéed Green Cabbage with Country Ham
    Sautéed Green Cabbage with Country Ham Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 40 minutes
    Servings: 12
    One of the most distinctive of all Southern delicacies is salt-cured country ham. It originated in the days before refrigeration and is now produced from corn-fed hogs in Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky and parts of North Carolina. The most famous of all the country hams, however, is made from peanut-fed hogs in Virginia. Called Smithfield ham, after a small town of the same name, its patented production is restricted by law to city limits. The process involves salting the ham, then smoking it and finally aging.

Ingredients:

• 3 Tbs. unsalted butter
    • 1 large yellow onion, sliced crosswise into
        thin rings
    • 4 lb. green cabbage, quartered and cut into
        1/4-inch-thick strips
    • 1 cup diced country ham
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Sautéed Green Cabbage with Country Ham Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with soft, medium-bodied white wines like the Diemersdal MM Louw Sauvignon Blanc, Durbanville from our Wine Club.

Directions:

In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter is hot, add the onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until tender and translucent, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the cabbage and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Add the ham and cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to a warmed serving bowl and serve immediately. Serves 12.
    Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Related Tips

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 3:11 pm