Summer Squash Sauté with Basil & Tomatoes
Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Summer squashes contain a lot of moisture in the center, near their seeds. To reduce the amount of moisture released while quickly sautéing the squashes, cut them in half lengthwise and run the tip of a small spoon down the center of each half to quickly and easily remove the seeds. Then slice as directed in the recipe.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 zucchini, cut into half-moons
- 3 yellow summer squashes, cut into half-moons
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 Tbs. thinly sliced fresh basil
- Watercress leaves for garnish
Wine PairingThis pairs well with juicy, medium full-bodied red wines like the Mollard & Fillon Terrasses du Larzac, Coteaux du Languedoc from our Wine Club.
Directions:In a sauté/simmer pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the zucchini and squashes and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cheese and basil. Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl and garnish with watercress leaves. Serve immediately. Serves 6.
- All About Yellow Squash >
- All About Zucchini