Swiss Chard with Garlic and Shallots
Write a Review
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes give a flavor boost to this Swiss chard dish, which makes a delicious accompaniment to our stuffed pork chops.
- Printer Friendly Version
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 large shallots, about 4 1/2 oz. total, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 bunches Swiss chard, stems and ribs removed, leaves cut
into 1/2-inch strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pork Chops with Butternut Squash and Apple Stuffing >
Directions:In a large braiser or fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the chard to the pan in batches, about one-third at a time, waiting until each batch wilts slightly before adding more. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chard is wilted and tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper and serve immediately. Serves 4.
- All About Winter Greens