Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Zucchini with Olive Oil, Garlic and Basil

Lobo
    Lobo

Zucchini with Olive Oil, Garlic and Basil Empty Zucchini with Olive Oil, Garlic and Basil

Post by Lobo Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:34 am

Zucchini with Olive Oil, Garlic and Basil Img45l
    Zucchini with Olive Oil, Garlic and Basil
    Zucchini with Olive Oil, Garlic and Basil Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 4
    These garlicky zucchini not only make a flavorful side dish but also double nicely as a pasta sauce. Boil 1 lb. pasta, such as penne or rigatoni, according to the package instructions. Drain and add to the fry pan, and toss with the zucchini. Serve with plenty of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. You can substitute fresh flat-leaf parsley for the basil.

Ingredients:

• 2 lb. zucchini  
    • 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil 
    • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 
    • 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh basil 
    • Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste 

Directions:

Trim the stem ends of each zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into slices about 1/2 inch thick.

In a large, heavy fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant and golden, about 2 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the basil over the zucchini toward the end of the cooking time.

Season with salt and pepper, transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve immediately. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Italian by Michele Scicolone (Oxmoor House, 2007).

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 am