Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Grill the Perfect Shrimp

Lobo
    Lobo

Grill the Perfect Shrimp Empty Grill the Perfect Shrimp

Post by Lobo Wed 27 Jan 2016, 8:44 pm

Grill the Perfect Shrimp
    Cooking shrimp on the grill seems to frustrate people more than grilling any other seafood. And that’s a shame, because shrimp pick up a particularly wonderful flavor cooked over fire. The main problem is timing: if you cook shrimp even 10 seconds too long, you end up with rubber instead of great taste. Here is some advice to help the frustrated shrimp griller.

Grill the Perfect Shrimp Img39
    Grilled Shrimp Cocktail
    Click here for our perfect grilled shrimp recipe, and keep reading for our secrets to simple, delicious shrimp grilling. 
    Grill the Perfect Shrimp Img75
    Buy Large Shrimp
    You want your shrimp to weigh in at 24 per pound. The larger the shrimp, the longer they can stay on the grill and develop that deep, smoky flavor that you’re going for. 
    Grill the Perfect Shrimp Img15
    Keep the Shell On & Remove the Vein
    The shell traps the shrimp flavor we all crave and also protects the tender meat, so grill them with the shell on and let folks shell their own shrimp at the table. If you don’t like the look of the dark vein, use kitchen scissors to snip open the shell along the length of the back of the shrimp. Using the tip of a small knife, cut a shallow groove along the length of the vein and lift it out. You have not only gotten rid of the vein, but you will also be able to see a little deeper into the shrimp to know when it’s done. 
    Grill the Perfect Shrimp Img40
    Brine Your Shrimp
    Brining gives you just enough fudge factor to get away with a little overcooking, should you turn away from the grill at a critical point. Be careful that you don’t brine the shrimp for longer than 1 ½ hours, or else the brine could break down the muscles too much and result in mushy s

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:48 am