Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Shrimp Cocktail

Lobo
    Lobo

Shrimp Cocktail Empty Shrimp Cocktail

Post by Lobo Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:10 pm

Shrimp Cocktail Img39l
    Shrimp Cocktail
    Shrimp Cocktail Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 30 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 6
    Like the basic black dress, this classic dish is always in style at cocktail parties. You can cook the shrimp in advance; let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Ingredients:

• 1 lemon, halved
    • 1 onion, quartered
    • 2 Tbs. kosher salt
    • 1 bay leaf

• 10 black peppercorns

• 1 1/2 lb. large shrimp

• 1/2 cup ketchup

• 1 Tbs. prepared or fresh horseradish
    • Lemon wedges for serving

Directions:

Squeeze the juice from the lemon halves into a pot filled with water, then add the lemon halves, onion, salt, bay leaf and peppercorns. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes to blend the flavors. Add the shrimp and cook until they are opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and let cool.

When the shrimp are cool, peel them but leave the tail segments intact. Using the tip of a sharp knife or a shrimp deveiner, remove the dark vein running along the outside of the shrimp. Put crushed ice on a large rimmed platter and pile the cooked shrimp on top.

In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup and horseradish until combined. Serve the shrimp with the cocktail sauce and lemon wedges on the side. Serves 4 to 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Cooking for Friends, by Alison Attenborough and Jamie Kimm (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:34 am