Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Classic Margaritas

Lobo
    Lobo

Classic Margaritas Empty Classic Margaritas

Post by Lobo Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:15 pm

Classic Margaritas Img36l
    Classic Margaritas
    Classic Margaritas Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    Servings: 2
    There are as many tales about who first concocted that most popular tequila drink, the margarita, as there are variations on making one. Since the drinking of mezcal and tequila with citrus juice has been around for centuries, and a lick of salt is a traditional accompaniment, only a slight modification was necessary to change this most Mexican of flavors into one of today's favorite cocktails.

To add your signature to the classic margarita, begin with this basic recipe and then try one or more of the following:

• Substitute another fruit liqueur for the Cointreau (orange liqueur).

• Substitute orange juice or another fruit juice for the lime juice (match it to the fruit liqueur you choose).

• Add freshly ground pepper or finely grated lime zest to the margarita salt.

• Add a dash of Tabasco sauce to the finished margarita.

Ingredients:

• 3 oz. tequila blanco
    • 1 oz. Cointreau or triple sec
    • 1 oz. fresh lime juice
    • 1 cup coarsely cracked ice
    • Coarse sea salt for coating rims of glasses
    • Several lime wedges

Related Recipes

Directions:

In a cocktail shaker or a jar with a lid, combine the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and ice. Shake 12 to 15 times. Remember, the more you shake, the more the ice will diffuse into the drink.

Spread salt on a small, flat plate. Moisten the rims of two 6-oz. glasses, preferably long-stemmed, with the lime wedges and invert onto the plate of salt, then shake off any excess. Strain the margarita mixture into the glasses and serve immediately. Serves 2.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Savoring Series, Savoring Mexico, by Marilyn Tausend (Time-Life Books, 2000).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 2:46 pm