Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Baked Kale and Sweet Potato Chips

Lobo
    Lobo

Baked Kale and Sweet Potato Chips Empty Baked Kale and Sweet Potato Chips

Post by Lobo Thu 28 Jan 2016, 6:51 pm

Baked Kale and Sweet Potato Chips Img69l
    Baked Kale and Sweet Potato Chips
    Baked Kale and Sweet Potato Chips Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 30 minutes
    Servings: 4
    With a color combination as stunning as this, no one is looking for the fried potato chips, says Giada De Laurentiis. Kale is like popcorn—salty and crunchy and disappears in your mouth. The sweet potatoes are mellow and crunchy.

Ingredients:

• 1 medium sweet potato, about 8 oz. (250 g)
    • 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
    • 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
    • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
    • 3 large kale leaves

Baked Kale and Sweet Potato Chips Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with rich, medium-bodied white wines like the John Duval Plexus Blanc Barossa Valley from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Position a rack in the center of an oven and preheat to 350ºF (180ºC).

Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice the sweet potato into slices 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick. Put in a bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbs. of the olive oil. Toss well. Arrange in a single layer (without overlapping) on parchment-lined baking sheets.

Bake the sweet potato slices for 12 minutes. Turn the slices over and continue to bake, checking every 2 minutes, until brown and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes more. Season the chips with 1/2 tsp. of the salt and 1/8 tsp. of the pepper.

Remove the thick stem from the kale leaves and discard. Cut the leaves into 2- to 3-inch (5- to 7.5-cm) pieces. Put in a bowl and drizzle with the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil. Toss well. Arrange the kale in a single layer on parchment-lined baking sheets.

Bake the kale until crisp and slightly dark on the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Season with the remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper. Let the chips cool before serving. Serves 4.

Adapted from Giada’s Feel Good Food, by Giada De Laurentiis (Clarkson Potter, 2013).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 5:46 am