Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Beef Tartare

Lobo
    Lobo

Beef Tartare Empty Beef Tartare

Post by Lobo Thu 28 Jan 2016, 6:58 pm

Beef Tartare Img72l
    Beef Tartare
    Beef Tartare Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    Servings: 6
    This recipe uses a Himalayan salt plate for seasoning and then serving beef tartare. The water released from the beef naturally pulls the salt out of the plate. We suggest refrigerating the meat on the plate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, but adjust the time according to your taste, keeping in mind that the longer the food sits, the saltier it will become. You can always finish the dish with a touch of sea salt just before serving.

Ingredients:

• 12 oz. New York strip steak, fat cap removed, sinew trimmed
        and meat cut into small dice
    • 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 1/2 Tbs. finely chopped shallot
    • 1 1/2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
    • 1/4 cup capers, drained and roughly chopped
    • 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
    • 2 or 3 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco, plus more, to taste
    • 1 egg yolk
    • Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
    • Crostini for serving

Directions:

Chill a Himalayan salt plate in the refrigerator according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

Place the beef in a bowl, drizzle with the olive oil and stir until well combined. Add the shallot, parsley, capers, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Holding the egg yolk in your hand over the bowl, gently squeeze the yolk until it bursts, then drizzle it over the beef mixture. Discard any albumen (egg white) left in your hand. Stir the ingredients until well combined and season with pepper. Transfer the beef mixture to the chilled salt plate, forming a 1/2- to 3/4-inch layer.

Transfer the salt plate to the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Remove the salt plate from the refrigerator and serve the beef tartare immediately with crostini. Serves 4 to 6.

Williams-Sonoma Kitchen

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 9:12 pm