Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Bresaola with Arugula and Mozzarella

Lobo
    Lobo

Bresaola with Arugula and Mozzarella Empty Bresaola with Arugula and Mozzarella

Post by Lobo Thu 28 Jan 2016, 7:29 pm

Bresaola with Arugula and Mozzarella Img1l
    Bresaola with Arugula and Mozzarella
    Bresaola with Arugula and Mozzarella Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Bresaola, which originated in the mountains of Lombardy, is made by salting beef and allowing it to air-dry for several weeks. It is leaner than prosciutto, which is cured in much the same way, and has a sweet aroma and rich flavor. It is popularly offered as an antipasto, thinly sliced in the manner of carpaccio and served with similar accompaniments. This recipe also makes a satisfying main course in summer. Franciacorta, a sparkling wine from Lombardy, pairs well with the dish. 

Ingredients:

• 2 cups baby arugula leaves 
    • Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste 
    • 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more, to taste
    • 16 paper-thin slices bresaola, about 4 1/2 oz. total weight
    • 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, about 1/4 lb. total weight 
    • 4 lemon wedges 

Bresaola with Arugula and Mozzarella Wine-pairing-icon-red

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with juicy, medium-bodied red wines like the Josep Grau Vespres, Montsant from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Place the arugula in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and drizzle with the 2 tsp. olive oil. Toss to mix well. Add a grind or two of pepper, unless the arugula is quite peppery on its own.

Arrange the bresaola slices around the edge of a serving platter or divide among individual plates. Arrange the slices of mozzarella around the inside edge of the bresaola. Mound the arugula in the middle. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, drizzle with more olive oil and serve at once. Pass the lemon wedges at the table for squeezing over the bresaola. Serves 4.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Italian by Michele Scicolone (Oxmoor House, 2007).

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 2:57 am