Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

All About Cantaloupe and Honeydew

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:57 pm

Both orange-fleshed cantaloupe and juicy, pale green honeydew melons fall under the banner of muskmelons, the large and fragrant fruit of trailing vines native to Asia. Depending on the variety, their protective rinds range from creamy white to pale yellow, celadon to dark green, or a striped or speckled combination of all these hues. The flesh of muskmelons can be ivory, yellow, orange, or green. Heritage varieties much sought for their intensely flowery fragrance and complex flavors include the pale, oval Crenshaw; the green-striped Charentais from France; and the round, wrinkled, bright yellow casaba.

Muskmelons are at their peak from mid- to late summer. They are popular in fruit salads, on antipasti platters with prosciutto, puréed to make drinks, or sliced into wedges as a refreshing treat during summer’s hottest months.

Selecting
Ripe cantaloupe and honeydew have a strong, sweet fragrance and give slightly when pressed at both ends. A fully ripe melon may have tiny cracks at the stem end. Choose melons that 
are heavy for their size and free of deep blemishes, shriveled peel, or soft, moldy areas.

Storing
Store ripe melons in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Preparing
Cut the melons lengthwise or crosswise in half and scoop out the seeds with a large spoon. To keep the melon moist, peel and cut off slices only as they are needed. Melons taste sweeter if served at room temperature or only slightly chilled. Remove them from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Cooking from the Farmers’ Market, by Tasha DeSerio & Jodi Liano (Weldon Owen, 2010).

Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:05 am