Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Chopped Chicken Livers

Lobo
    Lobo

Chopped Chicken Livers Empty Chopped Chicken Livers

Post by Lobo Thu 28 Jan 2016, 8:12 pm

Chopped Chicken Livers Img60l
    Chopped Chicken Livers
     Chopped Chicken Livers Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 6
    This is chef Joey Altman's absolute favorite appetizer during the Passover holiday. When cooking the chicken livers, he sometimes adds 1/2 cup brandy to the pan for a little extra flavor. Be sure to remove the pan from the heat before pouring in the brandy.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup vegetable oil, plus more as needed
    • 2 cups chopped yellow onion
    • 1 lb. chicken livers
    • 1 tsp. minced garlic
    • 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
    • Matzo for serving

Chopped Chicken Livers Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with medium-bodied sparkling wines like the Val de Mer Brut Nature Rosé, Burgundy from our Wine Club.

Directions:

In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the 1/2 cup oil. Add the onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.

If needed, add more oil to the pan, then add the chicken livers and cook, turning occasionally, until they are no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes; do not overcook. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.

In a food processor, combine the onion, chicken livers, garlic and hard-cooked eggs and pulse until well chopped but not pureed. Transfer to a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Accompany with matzo. Serves 6.

Joey Altman, Chef and Host of Bay Café, KRON TV.

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 1:51 am