Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Cucumber Rounds with Smoked Salmon and Lime Aioli

Lobo
    Lobo

Cucumber Rounds with Smoked Salmon and Lime Aioli Empty Cucumber Rounds with Smoked Salmon and Lime Aioli

Post by Lobo Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Cucumber Rounds with Smoked Salmon and Lime Aioli Img63l
    Cucumber Rounds with Smoked Salmon and Lime Aioli
     Cucumber Rounds with Smoked Salmon and Lime Aioli Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 40 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    Servings: 12
    Aioli is a garlic-flavored mayonnaise that originated in Provence, in the South of France. When making the aioli, be sure to add the olive oil slowly while the food processor is running so the mixture will emulsify.

Ingredients:

• 1 small garlic clove, minced
    • Juice of 1 lime
    • 1 egg yolk
    • 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
    • 1 large seedless cucumber, peeled
    • 3 or 4 radishes
    • 1/2 lb. smoked salmon, thinly sliced
    • 1/2 pint fresh sprouts for garnish

Cucumber Rounds with Smoked Salmon and Lime Aioli Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with medium-bodied sparkling wines like the Val de Mer Brut Nature Rosé, Burgundy from our Wine Club.

Directions:

In the bowl of a food processor, combine the garlic, lime juice and egg yolk and process in short pulses until smooth. With the motor running, add the oil through the feed tube in a slow, steady stream until smooth and blended. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the lime aioli to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Using a mandoline or vegetable slicer, slice the cucumber crosswise into slices 1/4 inch thick to make about 30 pieces. Slice the radishes into paper-thin slices to make about 30 pieces.

To assemble, lay the cucumber slices out on a clean serving tray or platter, place a small amount of aioli on each slice and decoratively arrange a piece of smoked salmon over the aioli. Garnish with a piece of shaved radish and a few sprouts. Cover loosely and refrigerate until ready to serve.
    Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:39 am