Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Cucumber-Watercress Tea Sandwiches

Lobo
    Lobo

Cucumber-Watercress Tea Sandwiches Empty Cucumber-Watercress Tea Sandwiches

Post by Lobo Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:00 pm

Cucumber-Watercress Tea Sandwiches Img14l
    Cucumber-Watercress Tea Sandwiches
    Cucumber-Watercress Tea Sandwiches Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 25 minutes
    Cook Time: 0 minutes
    Servings: 6
    Tea sandwiches, like those you might find in a British-style teahouse, should be as petite and thin as possible. Loaves of thinly sliced sandwich bread, available at most grocery stores, are perfect for making these traditional teatime offerings.

• 2K+

Ingredients:

• 32 thin slices peeled English (hothouse)
       cucumber
    • 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room
       temperature
    • 8 thin slices white sandwich bread
    • 1/2 cup watercress leaves, plus more for garnish
    • 1/2 cup radish, onion or sunflower
       sprouts (optional)
    • Coarse salt, preferably fleur de sel, to taste

Cucumber-Watercress Tea Sandwiches Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, light-bodied white wines like the Turasan Emir, Cappadocia from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Using paper towels, pat the cut surfaces of the cucumber slices to remove any excess moisture. Lightly butter one side of each bread slice. Scatter the 1/2 cup watercress leaves evenly over all of the buttered bread slices. Layer the cucumber slices over the watercress leaves on 4 of the bread slices. Top the cucumber with some of the sprouts and a pinch of salt. Top with the remaining 4 bread slices, buttered side down.

Using a sharp knife, cut off the crusts from each sandwich and then slice the sandwiches in half, either straight down the middle or on the diagonal. If smaller portions are desired, cut each half in half again.

Arrange the sandwiches on separate plates of a tiered plate stand or on a cake stand or platter. Garnish each sandwich with a watercress leaf. Serve immediately. Serves 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Entertaining, Edited by Chuck Williams (Oxmoor House, 2004).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024, 3:00 am