Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Cucumbers with Pickled Ginger and Crab

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Thu 28 Jan 2016, 9:02 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 12
Pickled ginger imparts a crisp zing to this light and refreshing appetizer. Here, the cucumber slice is a base for the crab topping, but you can also put the cucumber on a cracker or baguette slice and then top with the crab.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 2K+

Ingredients:

• 6 cucumbers
  • 2 1/2 Tbs. mayonnaise
  • 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tsp. minced shallot
  • 1 tsp. Thai chili paste
  • 1 tsp. minced fresh chives
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh-cooked lump crabmeat, picked over for
      cartilage and shell fragments, chilled
  • 1 cup drained sliced pickled ginger
  • Small fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs for garnish (optional)

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with medium-bodied sparkling wines like the Val de Mer Brut Nature Rosé, Burgundy from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Carefully cut the cucumbers into slices 1/4 inch thick. You should have about 48 slices.

In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, shallot, chili paste, chives and salt and mix well. Add the crabmeat and turn gently with a fork to mix well, being careful not to break up the crabmeat too much. Put a generous teaspoonful of the crab mixture on each cucumber round, top with a little of the pickled ginger and garnish with a parsley sprig.

Arrange on a platter, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours before serving. Serves 10 to 12.

Serving Tip: To make an easy-to-handle party appetizer, thread a bamboo skewer or cocktail pick through the cucumber and crabmeat.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Holiday Entertaining, by Georgeanne Brennan (Oxmoor House, 2007).

Related Tips

• All About Crab

Current date/time is Wed 07 Dec 2016, 2:19 pm