Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Kingston Old-Fashioned

Lobo

Kingston Old-Fashioned

Post by Lobo on Sun 31 Jan 2016, 7:40 pm

Kingston Old-Fashioned

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Servings: 1
In order to make this sublimely simple drink, which comes from San Francisco mixologists Greg Lindgren and Jon Gasparini, you’ll first need to make an oleo saccharum, a mixture of citrus oil and sugar that is the signature ingredient in classic 19th-century punches. Although the recipe makes more oleo saccharum than you will need, it will keep in the refrigerator for about a month.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 5 lemons
  • 1 cup (7 oz./220 g) superfine sugar
  • 2 oz. (60 ml) aged rum
  • Dash of Bittermens ‘Elemakule Tiki Bitters

Related Recipes

• Campari and Orange Cocktails >
  • The Barn Nail >
  • Cranberry Gin Fizz >
  • Maple-Bourbon Smash >
  • Orange Blossom Gin Fizz >

Directions:

To make the oleo saccharum, using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest from the lemons, leaving the white pith behind. Set aside one strip of zest for garnish. Place the remaining zest strips in a resealable plastic bag and add the sugar. Shake to combine, then set aside at room temperature until the zest has released its oils and a thick syrup has formed, 4 to 6 hours.

Pour the mixture into a fine-mesh sieve placed over a bowl, pressing on the peels with the back of a spoon to extract any remaining liquid. Discard the zest and transfer the liquid to a clean glass jar.

To make the drink, put a large ice cube in an old-fashioned glass. Pour in the rum, bitters, and a dash of the oleo saccharum. Stir until well chilled, garnish with the reserved lemon zest and serve immediately. Makes 1 drink.

Greg Lindgren and Jon Gasparini, Rye on the Road, San Francisco, CA

Current date/time is Sat 10 Dec 2016, 10:36 am