Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Ad Space M-1

Board Rules

October 2016

Calendar Calendar

Ad Space M-2

Revv Worldwide

IQD/Oil/Commodities Charts

Ad Space M-3

Top posting users this week

Top posting users this month

Ad Space M-4

Cheese Fondue

Cheese Fondue

Post by Lobo on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 7:01 pm

Cheese Fondue

Be the first to Write a Review

If you don’t have a fondue pot, serve the fondue in the pot you made it in. In addition to the bread, serve sliced apples, blanched broccoli or cauliflower florets, and chunks of good-quality ham. The alcohol burns off as the fondue simmers, so kids can eat it without worry.

• Printer Friendly Version

• 1 garlic clove 
  • 2 cups dry fruity white wine such as Riesling 
  • 1 lb. Gruyère or Emmentaler cheese, shredded 
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese 
  • 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour 
  • 2 Tbs. kirsch (optional) 
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste 
  • 1 baguette, cut into bite-size chunks 

Rub the bottom and sides of a large heavy-bottomed saucepan with the garlic, then discard the clove. Pour in the wine, bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss together the cheeses and flour, mixing well. Add the cheeses, a small handful at a time, to the simmering wine, stirring with a wooden spoon after each addition until the cheese is incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the kirsch, raise the heat to medium-high and bring just to a boil.

Immediately remove the fondue from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a fondue pot, if using, and place over a warmer at the table. Place the bread alongside and provide long-handled forks for dipping the bread into the hot cheese. Serves 4 to 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Family Meals, by Maria Helm Sinskey (Oxmoor House, 2008).