Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Asian Braised Short Ribs

Lobo

Asian Braised Short Ribs

Post by Lobo on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 7:36 pm

Asian Braised Short Ribs

Read Reviews

Write a Review
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 380 minutes
Servings: 6
These slow-cooked beef short ribs are seasoned with Chinese five spice, an aromatic blend of Szechuan peppercorns, cinnamon, star anise, fennel and cloves. For optimum flavor, grind the whole spices just before using.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 2 Tbs. whole Chinese five spice
  • 4 lb. bone-in beef short ribs
  • 2 to 3 Tbs. olive oil
  • 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1⁄4-inch slices
  • 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1⁄3 cup plum wine
  • 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
  • 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
  • 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
  • 1 Tbs. chili garlic paste
  • 2 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
  • Zest of 1 orange, peeled with vegetable peeler
      into 1⁄2-inch strips, plus juice of 1 orange
  • 1⁄4 cup sugar dissolved in 3⁄4 cup boiling water
  • Steamed rice for serving

Directions:

Using a spice grinder, grind the Chinese five spice. Season the short ribs with the five spice and shake off the excess.

In a heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 Tbs. of the olive oil. Working in batches, brown the ribs on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes total, adding more oil to the pan if needed. Transfer to a slow cooker.

Add more oil to the pan if needed. Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, stirring to scrape up the browned bits. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook until the wine is reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to the slow cooker along with the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, chili paste, ginger, orange zest, orange juice and sugar mixture. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours according to the manufacturers instructions.

Spoon the fat off the sauce. Transfer the ribs and sauce to a serving bowl and serve with steamed rice. Serves 6.

Williams-Sonoma Kitchen

Related Tips

• Spice

Current date/time is Thu 08 Dec 2016, 3:50 am