Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Crab-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers

Lobo
    Lobo

Crab-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers Empty Crab-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers

Post by Lobo Tue 02 Feb 2016, 11:31 pm

Crab-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers Img19l
    Crab-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers
     Crab-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 30 minutes
    Cook Time: 65 minutes
    Servings: 6
    Fleshy, lightly spicy piquillo peppers are the perfect vehicle for a garlic-spiked crabmeat and potato filling. This sophisticated starter is deceptively easy to make, and the layered flavors will impress your guests with their complexity.

Ingredients:

• 1 russet potato (about 8 oz.)
    • 1 garlic clove
    • 1/4 tsp. sea salt
    • 2 Tbs. fruity extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing the pan and drizzling
    • 1/4 lb. fresh-cooked crabmeat, such as Dungeness
    • 1 jar (12 oz.) piquillo peppers

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 425°F.

Prick the skin of the potato in a few places with a fork. Place the potato in a small, shallow pan and bake until tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour. Let the potato cool until it can be handled. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.

Cut the potato in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a bowl. In a mortar, combine the garlic and salt and mash to a paste with a pestle. Add the olive oil and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the bowl with the potato flesh and mix well. Pick over the crabmeat for shell fragments, and then fold it into the potato mixture until evenly distributed.

Oil a baking dish large enough to hold the peppers in a single layer. Drain the peppers well. Using a long, slender spoon, and being careful not to tear the peppers, gently stuff the potato-crabmeat mixture into the peppers, dividing it evenly. Place the stuffed peppers in the prepared baking dish and drizzle lightly with olive oil.

Bake the peppers just until the filling is heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer the peppers to warmed individual plates and serve right away. Serves 6.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma New Flavors for Appetizers, by Amy Sherman (Oxmoor House, 2008).

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 11:51 pm