Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Crostini with Steak and Horseradish Cream

Lobo

Post by Lobo on Wed 03 Feb 2016, 7:51 pm

Be the first to Write a Review
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 28
Instead of horseradish cream, you can serve these steak crostini topped with a spicy, garlicky aioli. To prepare a quick aioli, mix 1 tsp. minced garlic and 1/2 tsp. paprika into 1/2 cup good-quality mayonnaise and season with salt.

• Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

• 1 1/2 lb. flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
  • 3 Tbs. olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • 2 Tbs. prepared horseradish
  • 3 Tbs. sour cream
  • 1 French or sourdough baguette, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 28)
  • Paprika for garnish

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with smooth, medium-bodied red wines like the Rosa Del Golfo Scaliere Negroamaro, Salento from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Season the steak and make the horseradish cream
Preheat an oven to 350°F. Place a rack in a roasting pan. Brush both sides of the steak with 1 Tbs. of the oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Place on the rack and let stand at room temperature.

In a small bowl, whisk together the horseradish and sour cream.

Make the crostini
Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush lightly with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a platter.

Cook the steak
Preheat a broiler. Broil the steak until firm but still quite pink in the center, about 6 minutes per side. Let rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steak with the grain into slices about 2 inches thick, then thinly cut the slices crosswise across the grain.

Arrange 1 or 2 slices on each crostini, top with a dollop of the horseradish cream and sprinkle with paprika. Transfer to a platter and serve at room temperature. Makes about 28 crostini.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Small Plates, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007).

Current date/time is Tue 06 Dec 2016, 8:04 am